Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among children ages 2 to 14, due in large part to the nonuse or improper use of child seats and seat belts. Working with parents and our partners, our goal is to ensure every child is properly secured and safe every trip, every time.
The Chandler Fire, Health & Medical Department's Child Safety Seat Program teaches parents and caregivers how to properly install child safety seats into their vehicle. Certified car seat technicians (Chandler Fire personnel) will inspect, and install car seats. These clinics are by appointment on most Saturday’s from 8-11 a.m. If you don't have an appointment, you can stop by the clinic and they will try to accommodate you if they have had any cancellations. The clinics are conducted at various sites around the City of Chandler (see below).
View the Car Seat Clinic Calendar for the most current schedule and location. Then call 480-782-2046 to schedule an appointment (approximately 20 minutes per car seat) or e-mail your request.
Please note: We ask that you clean your car seats thoroughly prior to arriving for your scheduled appointment. Our technicians cannot do their job as effectively in a messy environment, and your installation cannot begin until the seats are clean. CFHM will have some cleaning supplies at the clinic that drivers can use prior to their appointment.
The clinic location alternates between these locations:
Did you know ...
- the number one killer of children in Arizona is motor vehicle crashes?
- one simple item could help save countless children is a properly installed child safety seat?
- 4 out of every 5 child car seats are installed incorrectly?
- one third of children are riding in the wrong restraints for their age and size?
- over 1/3 of children use the wrong restraint for their size and age?
- children 5-8 years old should be riding in belt-positioning booster seats?
If you see an unbuckled child in a moving vehicle, call
1-800-505-BABY. Be prepared to pro