Holiday Information for 2016-2017
Christmas Holiday - Sunday, Dec. 25 & Monday, Dec. 26, 2016
New Year's Holiday - Sunday, Jan. 1 & Monday, Jan. 2, 2017
Residential Recycling & Trash Collection Schedule
|Since Christmas and New Year's Day are on Sunday there are
no changes to recycling or trash collection for these holidays.
To ensure your container is emptied, place your container at the curb
BEFORE 6 a.m. on the day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before
Residential Self-Haul Drop Off Facility - Holiday Closure
Recycling-Solid Waste Collection Center is CLOSED on the following dates:
||Sunday, Dec. 25 & Monday, Dec. 26, 2016
Hours of operation resume on Thursday, Dec. 29 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 1 & Monday, Jan. 2, 2017
Hours of operation resume on Thursday, Jan. 5 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Christmas Tree Recycling - Dec. 26 - Jan. 13
Christmas trees collected are chipped and reused in park landscaping projects.
- Please remove tree stands, nails, ornaments, lights and garland before recycling
- Do not place tree in bags
Christmas Tree Curbside Collection
Christmas Tree Drop-Off Locations
- Tree must be out for collection by 6 a.m. on your recycle day Dec. 26 - Jan. 13.
- Place tree at the end of your property, no more than 4 ft. behind the sidewalk. Driver cannot go more than 4 ft. on your property to retrieve the tree.
- Do not place tree in can, on street or sidewalk
View map or call 480-782-3510 for tree drop-off locations available Dec. 26 - Jan. 13.
Donating Live Potted Trees
Live potted Christmas trees can be donated for replanting at City parks. Call 480-782-2745 for details.
Holiday Recycling Videos
Think Before You Shop" videos offer ideas on reducing, reusing and recycling during the holidays.