|Solid Waste Services
Need information about City-provided recycling and trash service?
Learn more about Chandler's recycling, trash and other special waste programs!
Customer Service Representatives are available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 480-782-3510 to answer questions about our programs or schedule services for recycling and trash collection.
Trash and Recycling Collection Schedules
Solid Waste Services is experiencing a slight increase in inquiries about
missed collection of trash and recycling containers.
Please note the following...
- Trash and recycling is collected between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Though it may seem the truck arrives about the same time every week, there is no specific scheduled time for trash or recycling containers to be emptied.
- Time of collection varies due to truck load capacity, traffic, weather, route changes, road construction and street or utility maintenance.
- To ensure collection service is not interrupted, have your can at the curb by 6 a.m. on your day of collection or after 6 p.m. the evening before your collection day.
- Missed collections are verified by container inspections in the area, and review of GPS data tracking collection routes, and containers emptied.
Two ways to find your collection days:
1) View map
2) View calendar with the collection days for your address:
- Enter your address
- Click on "Find My Collection Days"
- Look for black (trash) and blue (recycle) can icons on your collection days
Watch Our Latest Video Offering Simple Recycling Tips!
Chandler Residents: Here's a few recycling tips on what to place in your blue curbside recycling can!
Sign Up for Email Updates
||ReNews E-Newsletter - Sign up to receive the free quarterly Solid Waste Services newsletter, ReNews, right in your in-box. Learn about upcoming events, holiday collection schedules, recycling tips, and recycling and trash services offered by the City.
Recycling efforts in Chandler never goes to waste!
Watch the process of Chandler's recyclables sorted and re-made into something new!
As highlighted in this short video, when we recycle, the end product creates other resources!
|Environmental Art Contest
Chandler's Solid Waste/Recycling, Water Conservation and Storm Water programs highlight
the drawings of the 19 student winners for Chandler’s Annual Environmental Art Contest!
See the 2016 winning entries
- Frequently Asked Questions: Recycling and Solid Waste - Have a question? The answer may be just a click away!
- Give Us Your Feedback! - Solid Waste Services takes pride in serving our community!
- We strive to continuously improve our programs and services. Your constructive feedback for improvement, along with your ideas for new programs and services is VALUED!
- Call 480-782-3510 or send us an e-mail, and your comments will be routed to appropriate staff for follow up!
- Please note services CANNOT be scheduled via email.