The City Planners strive to promote the community's development with a high quality of life through professional planning strategies, collaboration with members of the community, and serving as the liaison to the Commissions and Boards appointed by the Mayor and Council.
PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO CHANDLER'S SIGN REGULATIONS
The City of Chandler is amending its sign regulations in response to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision last year in Reed vs. Town of Gilbert. To paraphrase the court's decision, it is unconstitutional for municipalities to regulate signs differently based on what the sign says. As such, the City of Chandler is in the process of amending its Sign Code, Chapter 39 of the City of Chandler Code, to be content-neutral.
Draft revisions are available below for review as well as a link to a survey to provide feedback.
1. REVIEW THE PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO THE SIGN CODE
2. TAKE THE SURVEY AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK
- Survey (Click 'Survey' to submit comments regarding Chandler's sign regulations and/or the proposed amendments)
Questions and comments regarding the proposed Sign Code amendments may also be sent directly to David de la Torre, Principal Planner, at email@example.com
3. PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARINGS
Current Zoning Cases
Public hearings were originally scheduled for Planning Commission on December 7, 2016 and City Council on January 26, 2017. These dates were continued to the dates listed below in order to allow more time for public review and comment.
- City Council Micro Retreat, 5:30 PM, February 9, 2017, located in the Council Conference Room (88 E. Chicago St.)
- Planning Commission, 5:30 PM, April 19, 2017, located in the Council Chambers (88 E. Chicago St.)
- City Council (introduction of ordinance), 7:00 PM, May 11, 2017 located in the Council Chambers (88 E. Chicago St.)
Application, Fees & Checklists
Development Process & Other Info
- Map Gallery
General Plan Future Land Use map, area plan maps, etc.