Per Chandler City Code Chapter 44: Residential customers shall be responsible for maintaining trash and recycling containers in a clean and sanitary condition. The City of Chandler does not offer container cleaning services. Containers are not replaced due to dirty grime or unpleasant odors.
KEEP IT CLEAN CANpaign
- Bag and Tie garbage, grass and yard clippings.
- Double Bag and Tie garbage if necessary to reduce spills and leaks.
- Spray and Rinse container on occasion to reduce odors and dirty grime build-up.
Cleaning Your Container
Using a non-hazardous cleaning solution is recommended. The following is a natural solution that is simple to use AND cost effective way to keep you can clean. What you will need:
Directions: Spray container, wash with detergent and baking soda, and rinse container. Air dry the container with lid open.
- Water hose
- Scrub brush or spray nozzle
- Dishwashing liquid soap or Borax detergent
- Baking soda (used as an abrasive cleaner AND odor eater!)
Questions? Call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
Back to Solid Waste Services Home Page