|Container Repair, Placement & Cleaning
Recycling and trash containers with cracked bodies or missing lids, handles or wheels are considered broken containers. Report your broken container to Solid Waste Services for repair or replacement.
Schedule a House Call!
If your container is damaged or you have received a notice stapled on your container recommending repair, call 480-782-3510 and we will have your container back on its wheels in no time! Container repair CANNOT be scheduled via email.
PLEASE NOTE: When scheduling container repair, the container must be at the curb for repair per instructions provided by Solid Waste Customer Service. Containers not at the curb for the contractor to repair are subject to a $20 fee.
Recycling or trash containers that cannot be repaired are retro-fitted and made into composters or recycled through a local contracted vendor.
Weekly collection is provided for recycling and trash containers. To ensure your service is not interrupted follow the City Code, Chapter 44 requirements listed below.
||Container Placement Guidelines:
If you have any questions, please call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
- Place your containers at the street, wheels against the curb, by 6 A.M. on your scheduled day of collection, and no earlier that 6PM the day before, with the lid closed.
- DO NOT block the sidewalks for pedestrian use.
- DO NOT place your container near parked vehicles.
- DO NOT place your container near permanent structures such as mailboxes or street light poles.
- REMOVE container from the curb by 9 A.M. the day after collection.
Per Chandler City Code Chapter 44: Residential customers shall be responsible for maintaining trash and recycling containers in a clean and sanitary condition. The City of Chandler does not offer container cleaning services. Containers are not replaced due to dirty grime or unpleasant odors.
||KEEP IT CLEAN CANpaign
- Bag and Tie garbage, grass and yard clippings.
- Double Bag and Tie garbage if necessary to reduce spills and leaks.
- Spray and Rinse container on occasion to reduce odors and dirty grime build-up.
Cleaning Your Container
Using a non-hazardous cleaning solution is recommended. The following is a natural solution that is simple to use AND cost effective way to keep you can clean. What you will need:
Directions: Spray container, wash with detergent and baking soda, and rinse container. Air dry the container with lid open.
- Water hose
- Scrub brush or spray nozzle
- Dishwashing liquid soap or Borax detergent
- Baking soda (used as an abrasive cleaner AND odor eater!)
Questions? Call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510.
Green Cleaning Recipes - A variety of safe and inexpensive methods to clean at home.