|Be Green, Think Blue!|
Use your blue recycling container ONLY for items listed on the City's Recycling List. Place clean and dry recyclables loose in the blue container with the recycling container lid closed. If you're uncertain about an item being acceptable in the curbside recycling program, call Solid Waste Services at 480-782-3510. Always better to check and call than not at all!
Recyclables Accepted in the City of Chandler's Recycling Program: Recycling List (PDF)
Recycling Tips Video
Items listed are the most common recyclable items used in households. If you have a question about an item not listed, please call 480-782-3510.
- Newspapers and inserts
- Magazines, catalogs, phone books
- White or colored paper
- Paper sacks, magazines
- Junk mail and envelopes
- Bagged shredded paper
- Shredded paper must be placed in a clear or white bag and tied securely .
- This is the ONLY time plastic bags are to be placed in your blue recycling container.
- Plastic bags are NOT ACCEPTABLE in Chandler's recycling program at any other time. . . .
- This exception is made for shredded paper only to prevent litter and assist in the sorting process.
- No gift wrap, gift bags, or tissue paper
- No paper plates, napkins, paper towels, or facial tissue
- No pet food bags
- CARDBOARD (Empty and flat)
- Prepared food boxes
- Shoe boxes
- Moving / shipping boxes
- Egg cartons
- Paper towel / toilet paper cardboard tubes
- Pizza boxes (if not soiled w/grease or food)
- No milk or juice carton
- PLASTIC BOTTLES AND CONTAINERS with the recycle symbol #1-#6. Lids are accepted, but lids must be attached to original container.
- Beverage bottles and jugs
- Shampoo and soap bottles
- Liquid laundry detergent jugs
- Yogurt, margarine, sour cream tubs
- Frozen food trays
- No plastic bags or shrink wrap, even if marked as recyclable* (Recycle at local grocers or City Park Dog Waste Stations
- No Styrofoam materials, even if marked as recyclable* (Contact UPS & Mailing stores to drop off packing peanuts & Earth Friendly Block to drop off styrofoam packaging that protects appliances and electronics)
- Aluminum cans, clean foil and pie pans
- Steel/tin cans (Vegetable, fruit and soup cans)
- Empty aerosol cans (Shaving cream, deodorant, cooking spray)
- No cans with paint, pesticides or other hazardous materials
- No hangers or other metal items
- Beverage bottles (all colors)
- Food jars (labels are ok)
- No mirrors, windows, drinking glasses, plates or any other type of glass
||In-House Recycling Containers for Residents|
As part of the City of Chandler residential recycling program, a 6-gallon in-house recycling basket (with handle) is delivered to each new home receiving city-provided solid waste services.
The in-house basket is intended for household use for residents to place recycling materials used in the home and accepted in the City's curbside recycling program. When full, residents empty the contents of the in-house basket into their big blue curbside recycling container for collection.
The 14-gallon in-house recycling tub (without handle) is also available.
In-House Container Dimensions:
6-Gallon Recycling Basket (with handle)
6 gallon capacity
Measures 10.5" l x 9.5" w x 12.5" h