Each day, City of Chandler Water Quality Specialists perform up to 100 tests on the drinking water you receive at your home or business. These tests ensure that your water meets every health and safety standard set by the state and federal government.
Review the information on this page to help you make an informed decision about your drinking water.
2014 Chandler Water Quality Report (PDF) - [ English | Spanish ]
Previous Water Quality Reports
2013 Chandler Water Quality Report (PDF) - [ English | Spanish ]
2012 Chandler Water Quality Report (PDF) - [ English | Spanish ]
2011 Chandler Water Quality Report (PDF) - [ English | Spanish ]
2010 Chandler Water Quality Report (PDF) - [ English | Spanish ]
2009 Chandler Water Quality Report (PDF) - [ English | Spanish ]
Water Testing/Customer Service
Is someone at your door asking to test your water? Here are easy steps to see if they’re from the City’s Water Department:
1. City staff always will be identifiable with a City uniform with a City of Chandler logo as well as their ID badge with a photo.
2. City staff will be driving a City vehicle - clearly marked with the City of Chandler logo.
If you’re ever in doubt, call 480-782-3660. Representatives are ready to answer your questions about the City's drinking water supply.
Drinking Water and Wastewater Regulatory Compliance
Our staff works to ensure compliance with all drinking water regulations, and wastewater aquifer protection and reuse permits, and maintains the required records.
Industrial Pretreatment Program
The City of Chandler issues permits to and monitors, samples and inspects industries that discharge wastewater into the City's Sewer System.
Chandler operates two state licensed laboratories that analyze samples of the City's drinking water and wastewater for operational parameters and regulatory compliance.
Water Quality Field Services
This program ensures that backflow prevention devices are properly installed, maintained and inspected.
Industrial Pretreatment Program
The City of Chandler’s Industrial Pretreatment Section is responsible for enforcing all Federal, State, and Local environmental regulations authorized by the Clean Water Act. This includes monitoring and inspection of all Significant Industrial Users (SIUs) within the City. The Pretreatment Division is also responsible for inspecting oil and grease interceptors at all commercial facilities within the City.
The Water Distribution Division installs and maintains hydrant meters.
Disposing Pharmaceuticals and Unused Prescription Drugs
The federal government has released new guidelines for the disposing of pharmaceuticals. To learn more about the suggested method of disposing pharmaceuticals and unused prescription drugs, please visit the following Web sites:
In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency protects drinking water quality through the administration of the Safe Drinking Water Act. Up to 100 tests a day are performed on the drinking water you receive at your home or business. These tests are repeated daily to make sure your water meets every health and safety standard set by the state and federal government.
Top 10 tips for homeowners to maintain water quality in your home:
1. Clean faucets and aerators regularly
2. Clean and disinfect sinks and drains regularly
3. Keep drains clear and unclogged
4. Use cold water for drinking and preparing food
5. Replace old plumbing and install certified “lead free” fixtures
6. Flush cold water taps after household plumbing work or when the water hasn’t been used for several days
7. Drain and flush your hot water heater annually
8. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the water heater, filters, treatment devices, softeners and any other products attached to the water system
9. Do not connect hoses or other devices intended for non-drinking purposes to household drinking water faucets
10. Keep hazardous chemicals and unsanitary materials away from drinking water faucets
Agencies that Regulate Chandler's Drinking Water
Drinking Water Regulations:
Consumer Confidence Reports from Neighboring Cities: